Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Past DT Member Jan-10-Apr 10

Jana Mays-Alaska- Jan 2010 - May 2010
http://www.stampingeek.blogspot.com/
I’m Jana!  Proud US Coast Guard wife and mom to 3 fabulous kids.  My husband is currently stationed in Kodiak, Alaska.  Living in Alaska has been quite an adventure.  My stamping became my ‘sanity’ during our first winter here.  It was so dark and so cold, I thought I would go crazy, but then I found that paper crafting and stamping was my release and my escape.  I have always been crafty… I also enjoy sewing, machine embroidery, cooking and photography.  I started scrapbooking back in high school – cutting out newspaper articles and pictures.  Saving tickets and corsages from dances.  I attended my first scrapbook party about 11 years ago, shortly after the birth of my first daughter, Carlie.  I was introduced to stamping after we arrived here on the island, and thank goodness I was!!  Stamping was my outlet.  It was my connection to other people and got me out of the house and socializing.  It has been an amazing experience to share my passion for crafting with my kids, especially my daughter Carlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment