Monday, June 28, 2010

Ann English -Maryland

Currently a SAHD-( a stay at home daughter!) caring for my aging mother,
I am both a wife and mother of five children, all grown. Up until a year ago, I was a practicing educator---teacher, ELA Coordinator, and Preschool Director.
In her heyday, my mother was a fabric designer. She is a needle-worker extraordinaire, a rug hooker and designer, a silhouette artist. My dad was an architect. My children are all involved in the arts in some capacity. One is an amazing illustrator, another a fabulous painter… Trying to find my own niche in this artistic family has been a challenge!
Growing up, I was "known" as one of the class artists. My medium of choice was pencil because I was terrified of paint! When the children were small, I sewed up a storm and smocked beautiful garments. As an early childhood-elementary school teacher, I loved creating for my kids and classroom. I even taught art for while-so much fun!
12 years ago, my best friend introduced me to the worlds of scrapping and stamping---no turning back!!! I am passionate about the paper arts and love to share what I do with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment